Signs that it may be time to find a new apartment RIGHT NOW!
So it’s time to up sticks. Maybe you’re thinking about a change of scene? Perhaps you’ve got a new job in the other end of the country? Could it be that your parents have finally kicked you out of the house? Either way, it’s time to get moving and find yourself a new pad. Luckily for you, there are useful sites online, such as Apartment Guide, which can help you find the ideal place for you to call home. Your next apartment is out there somewhere, you’ve just got to find it!
Of course, it is also important to consider the possibility that you might be an aspiring property investor, and a new apartment could be just what you need to grow your portfolio! If you would like more information about investing in real estate in the USA, this great guide on the 1031 exchange might come in useful. Above all, investing in property is a great way to boost your assets and finances, but managing your taxes can seem overwhelming if you are new to the real estate market. Doing plenty of research is therefore crucial.
Anyway, let us discover 21 signs that it might be time to find a new apartment!
1. Your apartment building registers a 3.0 on the Richter scale at all hours of the day!
“Brace yourselves people…this is gonna be the BIG ONE!”
2. Your landlord never fixes anything.
Oh, your ceiling leaks every time your upstairs neighbor showers? I will get to it in the next couple of months.
3. Your roommate is the queen/king of passive-aggressive notes.
Half the time you do not even understand what you did wrong.
4. Actually, everyone leaves a LOT of notes.
5. Everyone in your building has very grouchy babies.
And they CRY. A LOT.
6. You literally have no cell service.
Your apartment is pretty much a BLACK HOLE.
7. Your monthly rent costs as much as a down-payment on a small house.
The rent is too damn high.
8. There are mice playing house in your pantry.
Sounds cute, but it is mostly just disturbing.
9. You bought stock in pepper spray.
Your walk home feels vaguely post-apocalyptic. Is that a wolf on a motorcycle? Just do not make eye contact.
10. You had a fling with your hot neighbor, and now you see them in the elevator EVERY DAY.
11. You no longer receive rent invoices, but you do receive late notices on rent.